Sous Chef (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Sous Chef with love for the job, a lot of courage for new dishes and the motivation to inspire the guest again and again.
The owner-managed Romantik Hotel Rindenmühle is a 4-star hotel on the outskirts of Villingen. The kitchen has been awarded a BIB-Gourmand by the Guide Michelin Germany for many years and is listed in the popular restaurant guides.
We work at high level with seasonal products from France and the region, preferably from small producers. We are always open to new input, offer freedom and support the commitment of creative employees. Team spirit is very important to us and is considered a prerequisite - the joint success confirms our philosophy.
The restaurant can seat up to 45 people a la carte, 60 at events and 40 on the terrace during the summer months. In addition to a kitchen performance at a high level, the Romantik Hotel Rindenmühle offers its staff a light-flooded spacious kitchen, state-of-the-art kitchen equipment and an in-house herb garden.
You already feel addressed? Then we look forward to your meaningful application.
- Assist the executive chef in organizing and managing the kitchen crew
- Substitution of the chef in case of absence
- Working out the menu (a la carte) together with the patron
- Working out menus for events together with the patron
- Ordering of goods for daily processing
- Roster preparation for the kitchen staff
- Managing the saucier position during service hours
- Preparation and cooking of food for a la carte and banquet
- Imparting knowledge to apprentices and commis de cuisine
- Upholding the team spirit
- Communication between kitchen and management/hotel management
- Completed vocational training with subsequent experience in high-end catering
- Confident kitchen practice
- Adept at handling fresh produce
- Ability to work in a team
- Responsible and independent way of working
- Well groomed appearance
- Punctuality, reliability and loyalty
- Varied areas of operation
- Unlimited contract
- 5-day week
- Performance-based payment (above the standard pay scale)
- Recording of working hours incl. overtime compensation
- Committed, dynamic team
- Planning security for vacation requests
- Flat hierarchy and the opportunity to realize your potential in the position
- Area: Kitchen
- Employment type: full-time
- Working hours: 8:30 hrs.
- Work Week: Tuesday - Saturday
- Entry date: Immediately
- Duration: Indefinite
- Salary: Negotiable
The application process is handled via the Romantik Hotels International job portal (only available in German).
Cultural and recreational opportunities near the 4 star Romantik Hotel - hiking, biking and sightseeing in the Black Forest.